Wednesday 13 August 2008

Link: 60 Minutes

60 Minutes Australia recently featured Neuroblastoma.

At first, I could not watch the show, as my emotions were too raw. I did read the transcript. This week I was able to watch it without bursting into tears. Peter Overton's opening statement is beautiful. People are commenting a lot on how strong Domingos and I are - well - we have to be! There is no other way and Peter has manged to put it into words - thank you.

"It's something you can't explain. It's just there, a parent's ferocious instinct to protect their children.

We'd do anything at all to keep them from harm. To make them well if they get sick.

The worse the illness is, the stronger the parents have to be. And it doesn't get much worse than neuroblastoma.

Although you've probably never heard of it, it's the most aggressive cancer a child can have.
So naturally, everyone involved needs incredible strength just to get through each day."
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=598911 (Watch with a box of tissues)

Thank you also to Julia Timms, Associate Producer for her permission to quote Peter Overton and post this link.

3 comments:

  1. Hi darling Tash,
    I watched this episode and was in absolute tears - more for the courage and strength those families displayed throughout the toughest battle their family had ever faced.
    It made it so real in my heart, what you are all going through.
    We send our love and thoughts to you every day and every morning we check Raf's blog to see how he is going.
    Always know that we are here and we love you.
    Sarah [Graeme, Ryan & Taj]
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it too Tash, and thought of you guys too. Lots of tears here as well. I was amazed at the JOY those children project, they are something special. I also check in on you all and think of you every day. Like I said, I wish there was more I could do. I can't get over all the tests and procedures that you all, and esp dear little Rafael have to go through. much love Sam and gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. U GUYS ARE SOLID ROCKS.U HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS AROUND YOU WHO WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO HELP U IN ANY WAY THEY CAN.U ARE ALL SO LOVED.THE PICS OF RAF AND DOM ARE SO SO CUTE.EVERY DAY WE HAVE U ALL IN OUR PRAYERS.GOD BLESS U ALL.HUGS AND KISSES TO OUR DARLING BOY FROM US ALL.C U THIS WEEK. OX

    ReplyDelete